Arthur Circle Earrings
Driving through the wide, leafy, tree lined streets of some of Canberra's oldest suburbs is always a pleasure - but particularly in Autumn. Forrest is one of the only suburbs in Canberra built to Walter and Marion Mahoney Griffin's original plans - with at least the beginnings of Arthur Circle (the external ring pictured in these graphic earrings) marked on the revised 1918 maps.
The streets of Forrest are named after Governors and Explorers of Australia - with Tasmanian history having a permanent home in these particular Canberra streets. Previous Tasmanian Governor, 'Colonel Sir George Arthur' was the namesake for this roadway - while the internal teardrop ring road pictured in these graphic earrings is 'Tasmania Circle'.
Brushed Sterling Silver, these earrings hang 5.5cm below the ear, with a stud backing. (Please note, these earrings hang facing forwards. The colour image depicted here is of a slightly different version, which hang to the side, below the ear).